Welcome to Hardin County Solid Waste & Recycling (Eldora, Iowa)


Hardin County Solid Waste & Recycling will be CLOSED on November 23rd, 2017 for the Thanksgiving Holiday.   Curbside recycling pickup for Radcliffe and Buckeye will be done on Wednesday Nov. 22nd, 2017, along with the regular Wednesday curbside route in Iowa Falls.  Curbside recycling pickup for Alden and Iowa Falls will be done on Friday November 24th, 2017 along with the regular Iowa Falls Friday route.  Please have your bins out by 7:30 a.m.  There will be no drive backs to places that were not set out before 7:30 a.m., due to the number of customers in other towns.  Commercial routes for Thursday Nov. 23rd, 2017 will be made up as soon as possible.   Thank you!


We would like to Welcome you to the Hardin County Solid Waste & Recycling website. We hope you find this website informational.

CURBSIDE CUSTOMERS MUST HAVE THEIR RED RECYCLING BINS OUTS BY 7:30 A.M., on the day their recycling is picked up.

If you need recycling bins, please contact us at 641-939-5808, and we will deliver the bins to your house.  If you call after hours, please leave us a message with your name, your street address, the name of the town you live in, and your telephone number, and we will drop off the bins right to your house .  If you need a recycling schedule, for your town/city, please contact your local city hall, or look at the calendar on this website.

If you have ever lost an item of value, and feel that it might be in the recycling, please give us a call and we will keep our eyes open for it as we are sorting through the material.


Hours of Operation


Hardin County Solid Waste & Recycling is open Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM.

(The Rural Iowa Waste Management Association, also known as the Hardin County Landfill, is open Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM, also the last Saturday of each month from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM.)

Hardin County Solid Waste & Recycling will be closed for the following Holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the afternoon of Christmas Eve Day (closing at 11:30 AM), and Christmas Day.

Hardin County Solid Waste & Recycling will make every effort to make up the routes that fall on these days, on another day.  Please be patient with our drivers, as they are trying to pick up two days recycling in one day.

If your recycling pickup falls on one of these days, look in the local newspaper or call us at 641-939-5808.  Alternatively, you can contact your local city hall.